Updating the content type failed infopath
Karl N_837 on Wed, The background: We have an Info Path 2010 form that is tied to a Share Point 2013 document library.
This form has several hundred fields on it and we are promoting about 170 of them into the Share Point library. We’ve had this form in place for a few years and have never had trouble publishing and promoting the form.
We have created a mirror site (a test site really) on a different farm so that we can test any changes that are made to the form/library before we affect our actual production site.
We are not able to start over with our library as we have 3 years’ worth of data in there so we decided to create a new column with our standard process and republish the form, connecting the existing Info Path fields to the new columns that were created. The issue is that when we try to publish to our production environment, the publish fails with the error “Updating site content type failed.” When we go out to the site, we can see the content type and fields within the library were all updated to how we would expect.However, the field in the Info Path form is no longer populating the Share Point column.We’ve tried to stop promoting the fields during the publish, tried to stop promoting other fields to reduce the total number, tried removing the columns from the content type and publish without those fields, and nothing has worked. It shouldn’t be a time out issue or number of fields issue because we were promoting these fields before, just to a different named column and this publish works perfectly fine in our test site, which is set up exactly the same.The production environment has the column created from the powershell script.We then publish the Info Path form and connect the column from the form to the newly created column.